Sunday, December 11, 2011

Secundo: IPA

Beer: IPA (Original, no?)
Brewery: Knee Deep Brewing Co.
Brew: India Pale Ale
IBUs: 75
ABV: 7.5%

Initially I was a little put off by the name--I think creativity is a large part of brewing good beer--but I was very impressed upon pour. It had a clear, deep amber color with a very thick, creamy, off-white head that lasted for a long time. The hops gave the beer a distinctly citrus aroma, very reminiscent of grapefruit.

IPA has a nice, bitter aftertaste (good in my opinion), but it was lacking any sort of a foretaste. A relatively light-tasting beer, interesting considering its alcohol content, was complemented by a mild malt. Altogether, the beer finished very quickly, good if you intend to drink a lot of it, but not for the price (I expect a little more body out of a high hop, high alcohol brew). I was happy with the lack of an alcohol burn.

If you are looking for something to drink with bold-flavored food, this is not it. But if your looking for something to sip on with a light snack or seafood (we had crab) this is for you.

Overall Rating: B   
Mustache credit goes to Jen, my beautiful girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment